Thursday 25 June 2015

Next steps after first Training Day...

Yesterday, we held the first R for Biochemists Training Day organised through the Biochemical Society. There were great questions, diligent students and three inspiring tutors.
Dr Sergio Martinez Cuesta, Dr Tim Stone and Dr Dean Hammond

I learned about principal component analysis, microarray analysis and getting data into R can be quite challenging. I also learned that you can import pictures files into R. I'll write more about that in the future.
I hope the attendees enjoyed it and learned something. They generally seemed happy with the day but I will have to await the formal feedback.

For those that attended and others, here are a few resources that might help you to keep learning:

However, the most important things to be are diligent (spend a little time each day playing with R) and patient (things take time to learn and longer to master). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome.